home pageDiscover the area › Art and culture
Conselice: 18th CENTURY POSITIVE ORGAN
Inside the Parish Church of San Patrizio di Conselice, there is a positive organ dating back to the second half of the 18th century, which was restored in 2014 and brought back to its ancient splendour.
Bagnacavallo: ALLEGRA BYRON'S MEMORIAL STONE
"In questo convento di S. Giovanni Battista G.G. Lord Byron il 22 gennaio 1821 poneva educanda sua figlia Allegra. La visitava nell'agosto P.B. Shelley trovandola bella e felice non presago che il 20 aprile seguente morte l'avrebbe rapita di 5 anni e 3 mesi al bramoso affetto del grande genitore". ('In this convent of S. Giovanni Battista, Lord Byron put his daughter on the 22nd of January 1821. During the month of August, Shelley visited Allegra and found her healthy and happy, but the following 20th of April she unexpectedly died at the young age of five years and three months').
Bagnacavallo: ANTICA GALLERIA
An half buried gallery connects the inner yard of Palazzo Vecchio to via Trento Trieste. It has always been public and it is one of the few still existing pieces of  the older defensive system of the city.
Lugo: ANTICA PIEVE - CHIESA DI CAMPANILE
This church, located in the village of Santa Maria in Fabriago, is one of the oldest of the diocese and is dedicated to the nativity of Virgin Mary; formerly, it used to be a parish church.
Bagnacavallo: ANTICA PIEVE DI S. PIETRO IN SYLVIS
S. Pietro in Sylvis parish church, dating back to the VII century, is one of the best preserved churches in the territory and represents a typical example of exarchal architecture.
Bagnacavallo: ANTICHE CASE GUIDI
A group of old historical mansion houses named "Case Guidi" are located in the territory of Bagnacavallo. They were built at the end of the XIX century by the Guidi family from Faenza and they all have the same structure. Usually they are in pairs, one symmetric to the other on both sides of the street.
Bagnacavallo: ANTICO CONVENTO DI S. FRANCESCO
The monastery of S. Francesco dates back to the XIII century and it's the oldest monastery of Bagnacavallo. It's a very large building which the church and the monastery itself; the latter includes the remarkable refectory, now named "Sala Oriani", the cloister, the monumental staicase and the rooms at the first floor used as exhibition venue and the underground rooms.
Russi: ARCHAEOLOGICAL COLLECTION
The ground floor of the Museo Civico della Rocca del Castello hosts the archaeological collection, which includes findings from the Roman Villa.
Bagnacavallo: ARMENIAN STELE- KHATCHKAR
The armenian stele of Bagnacavallo is a masterpiece of the Armenian sculptor Grigor Kiragossian, donated in 1998 by Vanadzor (an Armenian town) to Bagnacavallo as a present to thank for the help given by the local cultural association "Associazione Amici dell'Armenia" based in Bagnacavallo.
Lugo: CACCIAGUERRA-ORTOLANI VILLA AND STABLES
Ortolani Villa and Stables in Voltana were originally called Cacciaguerra. In the plate found on the pillar at the entrance we can also read Montagnola, a word that indicates the name that was originally given to Voltana central area, and which is still used today by the elderly in memory of the hill on which the first nucleus of the town arose. Such hill probably formed from sediments or the remaining part of a bank of the Santerno River, the watercourse of which long ago was on what is today Via Fiumazzo.

This website uses Cookies (even of third parties) to improve your navigation experience and to collect statistical data. By continuing the navigation of this website, you will accept the use of these cookies. accept   more info
siti internet acticode.it